- Advertisement -
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment – from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Drafting and vetting of program & film production related contracts, film & program distribution and syndication contracts, rights licensing contracts, , Artist Agreements, , Content Acquisition Agreements (Films and Programs) , Marketing Agreements, and all other miscellaneous agreements
- Conduct due diligence of movies to be acquired.
- Providing legal assistance related to legal cases from time to time.
- Do legal research.
- Drafting rules and regulations for all the marketing contests for consumer engagements and activities which are held on our channels, from time to time; all documents pertaining to reality shows.
- Draft legal notices/responses etc. from time to time.
- Assist in litigation pertaining to the business.
- Adhere to set timelines
- Risk mitigation
- Ability to coordinate across various functions, understand the business needs, identify legal issues and timely escalation
- LLB with 5 years of experience preferably in Media and Entertainment, Telecom, IT, ITeS, ISP, Internet, retail Sector
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a top tier law firm is preferred
preferred from top tier law schools, such as the National Law schools, ILS Pune, Symbiosis, Pune.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently
- Good contract drafting skill sets.
- Good knowledge of Contract Act 1857, Copyright Law and Trademark laws, Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act1995, TRAI Regulations
- Well versed with various content regulation such as the Self-Regulation Code framed by the IBF and the BCCC Guidelines, the ASCI, NCPCR guidelines, Should have excellent research skills.
- Good communication skill sets required
- Should be focused and goal oriented.
- Effective communication skills and good command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interact with people across all levels in the organization. Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Should be pro-active and a team player.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Business : Star
How to Apply?
Application Link: Assistant Manager – Legal at DISNEY (disneycareers.com)