BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL, formerly known as BOBCARDS Ltd.) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda and a Non-Deposit Accepting Non–Banking Finance Company (NBFC). BFSL was established in the year 1994 to cater to the need of rapidly growing credit card industry in a focused manner. BFSL is one among the pioneers in Indian card market and was the first nonbanking company in India to issue credit cards.
The Company’s core business is credit card issuance and consumer lending. It also provides support to Bank of Baroda by carrying out its merchant acquiring operations and its debit cards operation for its overseas territories/ subsidiaries and sponsored RRBs. The Company is aiming to expand within Consumer Credit, Commercial Credit, Retail Credit, Capital Market Lending (loan against securities, IPO financing) and other Financial Services.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Drafting, vetting, review and negotiation of various contracts / agreements / MoUs / loan documents and other documentation for various Product lines of the Organization.
- Drafting and negotiation of various contracts/agreements for various requirements/business engagements/various products and/or requirements of the Organization.
- Carrying out necessary legal research and finding out relevant case laws/applicable laws/regulations in relation to various requirements of the Organization.
- Carrying out necessary research for applicable RBI/SEBI/FEMA/other regulatory regulations/guidelines/directions for various requirements/products and queries from time to time.
- Drafting, vetting, review of Plaints, Complaints, Written Statements, Counter Claims, Replies, Rejoinder, Affidavits, etc.
- Filing and monitoring of all BY and AGAINST Cases, including without limitation, Suits, Arbitration, Consumer Dispute Cases/ Cases under Sec.138, recovery cases, decreed cases & its execution etc. along with Conducting Lok Adalat.
- Attending Court Proceeding and representation before Regulatory authorities.
- Issuing various demand notices and other legal notices for recovery of dues, preparation of compromise proposals, reply to legal notices, customer complaints, Complaints received through Ombudsman and other Customer Escalations on regular basis.
- Preparing replies to all legal notices/complaints received from Cardholders, ensuring timely submission of these replies after approval from Competent Authorities.
- Supporting in the research and evaluation of different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Providing support for contractual and legal evaluation of RFP documents, tender enquiries and other legal terms and conditions.
- Preparation and Management of Monthly and Quarterly MIS for Contracts and Litigation Cases.
- Coordinating with advocates/solicitors and counsel for litigation matters and important business matters and to engage or empanel appropriate advocates/ counsels for legal matters of the Organization.
- Engagement of Law Firms and coordinating with them for various legal requirements as the Organization.
- Preparation of Monthly/ quarterly/ yearly compliances and submissions relating to legal matters, Fraud data/progress report, AML (Anti Money Laundering), etc. to Internal Auditors/ Statutory Auditors/ CAG Auditors/RBI.
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong Legal drafting and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulation, specifically banking laws and knowledge of corporate laws;
- Strong legal research capability and skills to find out relevant case laws;
- Good communication and coordination Skills;
- Good with MS Office (Word/Excel/Power Point)
- High Degree of Professional ethic and integrity
- Ability to handle high work pressure with stipulated time-lines; should be comfortable with frequent Travel requirements.
Qualified LLB / Masters in Law from a reputed College/University
Minimum 3 years of experience preferably in Banking and Financial Services Sector Companies of repute.
Last Date for application: 22nd April 2021
Click here for official notice