Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Legal Counsel
Department Overview :
Legal team provides both negotiation and advisory services in business lines like Retail Banking Wealth Management, Commercial Banking & Global Banking & Markets.
Client Documentation Group (CDG) provides advice, guidance and support to Global Banking and Markets by negotiating and executing master trading documentation such as the ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Annex (foreign exchange and derivatives trading), the Global Master Repurchase Agreement or Master Repurchase Agreement (repo trading) and the Global Master Securities Lending Agreement (securities lending/borrowing) and other industry-standard documentation.
The role holder will:
- Undertake negotiation and execution of Traded Market Documents such as ISDA Master Agreement, CSA, FX Netting Agreement, AFMA, GMRA, GMSLA, Amendments and FX Give Up Notices.
- Identify appropriate template, draft the agreement based on the request form keeping in mind the home jurisdiction of the counterparty and prevailing laws across various geographies around the globe.
- Undertake negotiation and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements/Confidentiality Letters
- Review legal opinion on Netting & collateral enforceability
- Provide a Legal Capacity Check opinion after thorough review of the constitutional documents and available information which is in line with the compliance, regulatory requirements and which shall safeguard the interest of the Bank and its customers.
- Prepare draft documents, emails, other form of correspondences, execution document version, and any other documents requested by the members of the team
- Timely, consistent and accurate recording, monitoring and storage of traded market documentation information in accordance with Group and local policies.
- Perform enhanced research by utilizing legal and analytical skills
- Coordinate between various departments which includes both onshore and offshore stake holders
- Law degree from a recognized and reputed Law College/University in India or Overseas
- 2+ years’ of relevant experience working in a legal process involving drafting/vetting agreements/contracts is essential
- Knowledge of various legal entities such as financial institutions, funds & corporates
- Understanding of Corporate Law is desirable
- Knowledge on different asset classes and Derivatives
- Understanding of Common Law, especially with regard to the UK region
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal