The Associate Counsel is an intermediate position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to manage and direct day-to-day legal activities in coordination with the Legal team. The overall objective of this role is to provide legal support, advice, and guidance across a broad range of practice areas.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Supervise external counsel and resolve issues, escalating to the manager as needed
- Provide legal advice in one area of practice within a product, country or business
- Analyze documentation against regulatory requirements and internal policies to advise business accordingly
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Valid bar license to practice law
- Relevant experience preferably from another bank or a premier law firm
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state and federal laws and practices
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
To apply click here.