About the Organisation
CarDekho.com is India’s leading car search venture that helps users buy cars that are right for them. Its website and app carry rich automotive content such as expert reviews, detailed specs and prices, comparisons as well as videos and pictures of all car brands and models available in India.
CarDekho.com is opening a job post of Manager/Deputy Manager – Contracts Legal at their Gurugram office.
Key skills required
- Understanding the needs of Auto-tech, E-Commerce, Information Technology, Advertising, SaaS, Software Licensing and other assigned business units (BUs) and forming BU specific contracting standards and SOPs.
- Assist in formulation and modification of templates for general transactions in accordance with the business needs.
- Maintain playbook for all assigned templates with various scenarios including best and fallback positions.
- Assist in conducting trainings within and outside the team for briefing various stakeholders on the legal documents/contracts related to BUs.
- Reviewing contracts and other legal documents against established standards and negotiate acceptable changes, working from templates while ensuring that such contracts and legal documents are aligned with Data Privacy Laws, Data Localization Notifications/Directions, FDI Policy, FEMA and other laws applicable to BUs.
- Converting business ideas into legal constructs most suitable for commercial needs of the organization and expanding the constructs into comprehensive contracts keeping in mind commercial and legal risks.
- Reviewing and redlining contracts and other transactional documents received from other parties, and aligning the same with the organizations objectives.
- Getting on calls with various internal and external stakeholders for closure of contracts on a need basis.
- Facilitate escalation of unresolved issues, approval and signature.
- Research and analyze areas of commercial law as relevant to the company’s business and prospects, including laws related to motor vehicles, internet, information technology, software, e-commerce, advertising, data privacy, data protection, digital content etc. and prepare memos or position statements for different audiences.
- Assist in reviewing business processes in the light of regulatory and legal framework related to BUs and advise & implement changes to such processes wherever required.
- Remain abreast with the latest developments in the areas applicable to BUs and sending updates to various stakeholders for matters which have material bearing on legal documentation/contracts.
- Assist in fraud mitigation and conduct workshops/campaigns to control such occurrence.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation, such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other documents.
- Digitize legal processes including contract management and litigation management.
- Ability to understand the business requirements and interpret clients contracts & find solutions to complex legal issues and efficiently draft and negotiate the key business terms.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and within very tight timelines.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and able to function independently in a hands-on environment.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and conflicting priorities.
Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Be a law graduate i.e. LL.B. (LL.M. is a plus) from a premium Law School in India.
- Have a 4-7 years of total post-qualification experience in the Auto-tech/E-Commerce/Information Technology/Software/Internet industry and/or law firms focusing on clients from Auto-tech/E-Commerce/Information Technology/Software/Internet domain.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of all Commercial Laws and regulatory framework around Auto-tech/E-Commerce/Information Technology/Software/Internet industry, such as Motor Vehicles Act/Rules, Contract Act, Companies Act, IPR Laws, Information Technology Laws, Data Protection Law, GDPR, Stamp and Registration Acts.
- Must have thorough understanding of regulatory framework around other Techno-Commercial industries.
- Be experienced in performing legal research and writing advisories to different stakeholders.
- Possess excellent documenting, recording and project management abilities.
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic company.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.