About the Opportunity
Tala, a financial technology company, is looking to hire for the job post of Legal Counsel for supporting Tala’s rapidly growing business in India. The location of the job post is Bangalore, Karnataka.
Tala is a financial technology company that aims to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. They are a lending (smartphone) app which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, Tala supports the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India. They are expanding their business in India. Founded by Shivani Siroya in 2011, Tala gives credit scores to people in underrepresented markets such as Kenya, Tanzania, India, and the Philippines.
Role & Responsiblities
- The role requires to serve as the primary lawyer responsible for working with the global Tala Legal team in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and other documentation, managing corporate governance and compliance in India, and advising on regulatory issues, along with other special projects unique to a growing startup.
- Reporting: To the Associate General Counsel
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and other documentation
- Collaborating with US legal team to manage Tala’s regulatory compliance, licensing and registration obligations for existing and future business lines in India
- Managing and continuing to build out the company’s compliance program in India
- Staying updated on regulatory changes that may impact Tala or provide strategic opportunities
- Managing Tala’s corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including filings and working with the external corporate secretary
- Interacting with regulatory bodies as needed
- Working closely with the Associate General Counsel and US legal team as well as the non-legal teams in Bangalore
- Education: A law degree from a leading university or law school
- 4-5 years of legal experience with a minimum of 2+ years at a top tier law firm in India, preferably on FinTech, finance or corporate matters.
- Experience working in-house, at a startup and/or in the FinTech industry
- Compliance experience
- Experience working with financial services regulators
- Experience working in the US or with US clients
Skills & Competencies
- A demonstrated passion for Tala’s mission
- Strong drafting skills, highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and working independently on both high-level projects and the day-to-day requirements and paperwork of a lean legal department
- Proactive, enthusiastic and enjoys being challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Flexi-time to promote a healthy mind body and soul
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and insurance
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.