Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• To support the Head, Legal, Group Commercial as a member of the Bank’s Group Commercial Legal Centre of Excellence based in either Bangalore or Kuala Lumpur. The role will have a specific focus on supporting procurement and commercial contracts with vendors and other third parties across the Bank’s global footprint.
• To provide legal support, advice and training to Supply Chain Management and other stakeholders across the Group Functions and Business with minimum supervision on new contracts, orders and statements of work as well as contract amendments and renewals.
• To provide additional legal support to the Group’s Technology Legal team and Country Legal teams where required on strategic procurement matters.
• To promote a culture and practice of good conduct of business and adherence to legal standards within the Group.
• To review, advise, draft and negotiate global procurement contracts (technology and non-technology) to ensure they meet the Group’s third-party contract standards and applicable law. This will include software, market data and subscription licences, escrow agreements, hardware, equipment/device purchases and support/maintenance services, business process outsourcing, professional services arrangements across the global functions and businesses, HR and other functional support services, general goods and services arrangements and intragroup servicing arrangements, including outsourcing.
• To analyse potential risks involved with specific contract teams and other risk owners.
• To keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law.
• To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of contract matters.
• To support with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract processes, workflow, guidance, playbooks and templates and provide training on contract legal issues to legal teams and other stakeholders.
• To collaborate and coordinate with other legal teams across the Bank to ensure appropriate overall matter management. Where external counsel is appointed, to manage the engagement, oversee the quality of work and effective delivery of legal support and manage external legal costs.
• To support on team management and administration tasks where required.
• Commercial: pragmatic, creative, practical and solution-oriented.
• Proactive: able to use initiative and ready to identify issues without being asked and provide advice accordingly.
• Profile: able to work with various levels of management.
• Flexible: able and willing to work long hours and, at short notice, travel to, and work in, challenging environments for periods of time (if required).
• Team player: personable, responsible, helpful.
• Organised: able to prioritise workload and manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail to highlight potential risks in contracts and errors.
• Reliable, tactful, discreet, diplomatic: able to work with board members, other senior staff and persons of different nationalities and from different cultures, have good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
• Self-motivated: able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Energetic: enthusiastic about the role, the function and the Group.
• Responsibility and perseverance.
• Highest professional standards.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Must be a qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction (solicitor, attorney or barrister) with 6+ years’ post qualification experience and have:
• a good knowledge and understanding of commercial contract requirements in relation to technology and non-technology procurement matters, including intellectual property and data protection. Experience of outsourcing arrangements is preferred but not essential
• experience in contract legal support (whether through in-house or private practice) and business acumen
• experience in reviewing contracts using contract templates and/or using contract guidance or playbooks
• ability to draft contract terms to meet requirements
• ability to negotiate contract terms with third parties
• understanding of risk management techniques
• exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience
•ability to work with varying seniority levels of staff
• Supply Chain Management
• Group Legal teams (including Technology Legal)
• Country Legal teams
Senior Legal Counsel, Group Commercial
How To Apply:
More Articles Like This
- Advertisement -