Maersk Legal Shared Services provides legal, claims and compliance services to a diverse range of functions across the Maersk Group. The successful candidate will be joining a large team of in-house lawyers, claims specialists, compliance officers and other experts focused on meeting customer needs whilst mitigating risk across the business. The team operates in a matrix organization, interacting with senior stakeholders from the Maersk Headquarters in Copenhagen and around the world on a daily basis whilst providing important advice and guidance to the business.
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the marketplace in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts for Maersk Oil Trading including typical contract management tasks namely, renewals, signatures, liaising with corporate legal for notarizations, legalizations, etc;
- Ensuring correct archiving and storage of documents, contracts, corporate documents and official documents in the contract management or other internal tools;
- Assisting with KYC (know your counterparty), compliance review, and initial admin processes and related sharing of documents;
- Supporting timely facilitation of annual board meetings and related requirements for all Maersk Oil Trading entities, including engaging with company secretaries to ensure compliance with local company legislative requirements as well as Maersk Group requirements;
- Ensuring delegation of authority and financial mandates are duly updated and issued in alignment with finance and risk management;
- Assisting with insurance renewals, providing relevant documentation to insurance brokers and underwriters, and keeping the overview of existing policies, with associated covers, deadlines, expiry dates, etc.;
- Supporting the Chief Legal Counsel and Head of Governance and Compliance in Maersk Oil Trading with contract management/governance;
- Develop ‘eye to eye’ relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders and implement process capability.
- Provide consistent and predictable high-quality service to business partners and end customers
We are looking for
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Law. Master of Law a plus.
- The candidate has 1-3 years of experience from an in-house function in an internationally oriented law firm or international corporation with an experience in dealing (drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing) with agreements.
- Contract management and process management experience preferred
- Understanding of fuel trading and maritime law is preferred but not a requirement.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Given high stakeholder interaction excellent English skills both oral as well as written are required and proven capability in MS Office is expected
- Flexible and business supportive mind-set
- A strong communicator is equally capable of engaging with stakeholders and colleagues alike.
- Ability to delivery independently and timely.
Click here to apply