About the Opportunity
The Retail Structured Products (RSP) Team of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) is looking to hire a Counsel to assist it with the securitised transactions, for the Mumbai office.
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City. It was founded in the year 2000 and is headquartered in New York, USA.
JPMorgan Chase is ranked by S&P Global as the largest bank in the United States and the seventh-largest bank in the world by total assets, with total assets of US$3.213 trillion.
Role & Responsibilities
JPMorgan’s EMEA RSP Team’s Counsel will assist the team with structured securitised transactions, working with the other lawyers in the team on business and regulatory projects and supporting the lawyers in maintaining the bank’s securitised issuance programmes.
The role will require individual to interact regularly with the other lawyers in the team, SIDM Sales desks, corporate support functions (e.g. Compliance, Tax, Middle Office) and external counsel.
The responsibilities of the Counsel will be as under:
- Trade flow: Liaising with SIDM Sales in reviewing term sheets and providing the business with legal approval to trade, drafting of legal documents or in some cases, engaging external counsel to assist with drafting of legal documents.
- Automated platform trade flow: Reviewing legal documents and working with other lawyers in the team and SIDM stakeholders to roll-out new templates and payoffs. Growing the automated platform business is one of the SIDM business’ key priorities.
- Trade amendments and restructures: Liaising with SIDM Sales and Middle Office teams to remediate trade/economic terms in legal documents and occasionally helping clients with trade restructurings.
- Projects: Participating in working groups/project team working alongside other lawyers in the team on business and legal (departmental) projects. Projects may include updating of existing and creating new legal templates to meet business needs or comply with regulatory change, due diligence, research, capturing and presenting data in spreadsheets and providing project management support.
- Advisory: Supporting other lawyers in the team in carrying out research and drafting responses to the business or legal department on a variety of topics ranging from securities law and derivatives, contracts, licensing, cross-border and regulatory.
- Issuance platforms: Supporting senior lawyers in the team on maintaining various issuance platforms, drafting supplements and assisting with regulatory filings.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Qualification: Qualified in India or other common law jurisdiction as in-house counsel or as a lawyer
- Experience: At least 3 years post-qualification corporate/commercial legal experience either as in-house counsel or as a lawyer in a top tier corporate law firm.
- Experience with structured products and derivatives documentation
- Should be a team player, confident and proactive, enjoys regular interaction with legal colleagues and other corporate functions
- Exceptionally organised and has great communication skills
- Fluent in commercial contract drafting and legal analytical skills
Note: Ability to work in a multi-jurisdiction environment, experience in remote working/ off shore working would be a plus but it is not a pre-requisite.
November 27, 2020, by 5:58 PM
How to Apply
- Click on the link given after this section and scroll down to the bottom to find the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Enter your e-mail address after being redirected to the page for the application.
- Import your information and go ahead with filling the application form.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.