About the Opportunity
NIDM or National Institute of Disaster Management is looking to hire a Consultant (Legal) for Law Graduate/Post-Graduate (on a contractual basis), for its office in New Delhi.
National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), is a premier institute for training and capacity development programs for managing natural disasters in India, on a national as well as regional basis.
NIDM was formerly named NCDM i.e National Centre for Disaster Management. It was redesignated as NIDM by the Disaster Management Act, 2005, passed by the President of India on 9 January 2006.
NCDM was constituted under an Act of Parliament in 1995. The institute comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Education: The candidate must be a law graduate.
- Desirable Qualification: Post-Graduate in law with prior working experience in the field of Law/Disaster Management.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, analytical, and drafting skills.
- Age Limit: Maximum 50 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising the NIDM (Institute) regarding the legal procedures and practices (e.g. Policies, Rules, Regulations, Arbitration, and any other relevant law).
- Timely preparation/submission of reply/counter affidavit before the Court of law and liaisoning with the Govt. Counsels and other stakeholders.
- Assisting the Institute in preparation of legal documents/ counter affidavit/ brief.
- Legal Scrutiny of documents given by the Institute.
- Close monitoring of the cases in various Courts and submitting/uploading monthly updated status.
- Appearing before the Courts and any quasi-judicial body, public authorities, and other officers as representative of NIDM.
- Liaisoning with concerned Solicitor General/Additional Solicitor General/Central Government Standing Counsel and provide legal submissions and vetting thereof on behalf of the Institute.
- Liaisoning with Ministries/Departments and States / UTs on any legal matter.
- Any other work relating to legal matters as per requirement by NIDM.
- Any other task assigned by the Executive Director, NIDM/Reporting Officer.
Rs. 50,000 per month (Consolidated)
Contractual basis initially for a period of one year which may be further extended/renewed as per performance, requirements at NIDM, and willingness of both parties.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must send their application in the prescribed format with superscription “Application for the post of _”.
- The application should be sent to the address provided in this section.
- Soft copy of the application may also be sent through email at email@example.com
- The address to which the application must be sent is as follows:
- The Executive Director,
National Institute of Disaster Management,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
A-wing, 4th floor,
Jai Singh Road,
New Delhi – 110001.
November 25, 2020
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.