At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Attorney, you are responsible primarily for contract drafting, commercial negotiations, preparing and responding to proposals, marking up of contract/RFPs/RFIs and assisting relevant business lines in resolving queries or conflicts involving interpretation of contracts, laws/rulings/regulations applicable to the company.
- Provide legal advice and support to IBM general businesses in India South Asia region and will include amongst other things handling and/or implementing various processes as may be required by IBM Corporation (US) from time to time.
- Provide support for compliance and ethics matters as well as regulatory and employment-related functions.
- Advice on a broad range of corporate, commercial, regulatory, compliance, data privacy, employment, litigation, and other legal issues of relevance to IBM.
- Support to the supply chain/procurement function and IBM global functions (as needed).
- Work with various business lines and functions, including IBM’s finance, human resources, regulatory and risk management teams, to provide solutions consistent with the IBM’s corporate policies.
- Ensure documentation is maintained, and that organizational memory is retained, within the corporate business group.
- Provide education on contracts and compliance issues (including local laws, business integrity, ethics, FCPA, and GDPR).
- Manage claims by and against the company and assists with the preparation for litigation or arbitration proceedings, including the coordination of efforts by corporate staff and outside counsel. Develops ongoing and future strategies to avoid potentially damaging legal situations regarding product development, marketing strategies, etc. which often involves working closely with internal management teams and IBM counsels representing other countries to ensure appropriate implementation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Law degree from a reputed law school in India or overseas;
- Minimum of 5 – 7+ years as a practicing attorney with a portion of that at a top tier law firm or the legal department of a multinational company or India company with international experience;
- Demonstrate absolute commitment to business integrity and ethical conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to influence contract structure and business decision making for the benefit or advantage of IBM.
- Expertise in negotiating large and complex deals in complex situations.
- Ability to handle multiple deals/matters concurrently.
- Ability to communicate well and work in…….”
- “proven analytical and communication skills and excellent written and spoken English”
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in international contracting matters and previous exposure in IT-related industry is an advantage
- Proven ability in drafting and negotiations skills
- Prior experience in working in an agile, dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines
- Proficient to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Expertise to communicate well and work in a cross-functional team to achieve common goals and identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately
- Proven analytical and communication skills and proficiency in written and spoken English
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How to Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.