IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
We are looking for high quality, results-oriented Legal Counsel / Contracts Specialist to be based in our well-established IHS Markit Legal Team in Gurgaon supporting the IHS Markit Global Legal Function. The role involves dealing with host of commercial transactions, adhoc business projects and advising the business on various commercial legal matters.
IHS Markit’s in-house legal department is influential and very highly-regarded within the business and offers opportunities for the right candidate to gain exposure to many aspects of its businesses.
Excellent opportunities for growth and to work on broad range of legal matters, as IHS Markit is very diverse and rapidly increasing its international presence.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting wide variety of agreements including data, software licenses, services, maintenance, web based services, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial contracts from different regions, at global level.
- Management of corporate secretarial portfolio of Indian entities.
- Support sales and other business teams including shared services groups based in different regions, globally and provide them with innovative business solutions.
- Interact and work closely with IHS Markit Global Legal Team and provide strategic and legal inputs on matters across different business areas.
Required Education/Working Experience/Skills:
- Must hold a law degree, preferably from an accredited Institute or law school;
- Preferably but not compulsory with at least 3-5 years of experience as a practicing lawyer with significant commercial, contractual and general legal experience from a law firm or in an in-house legal environment;
- Must have an excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken).
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills;
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, willingness to learn, inquisitive with a pleasant personality and excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Capability to work both autonomously and as a team player under pressure in a fast-paced corporate environment;
- Capability to build strong and effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across different functions and cultures, and
- Confidence to deal with all levels of the organization.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
How to Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.