About the Event
In order to create awareness and understanding towards this issue, The Quest Sociolegal Review in collaboration with the Centre for Law and Policy Research and Dalit Camera presents a workshop on Manual Scavenging.
Manual Scavenging has one of the most underrated and rarely discussed issue that is prevalent in the India society. Even after the judgement of the Supreme Court in Safai Karamchari Andolan v. UOI, the practise is still continued. The combined report of International Labour Organization and World Bank, stated that “Manual Scavenging has gone underground in India.”
Date: 26 September, Saturday
Time: 6:30 PM onwards
Guestlist for the Event
- Mr. Nishant Sirohi (Tandem Research Fellow): Opening Remarks
- Mr. Bezwada Wilson (President Safai Karamchari Andolan and Ramon Magsaysay awardee)
- Dr. Raees Muhammed (Founder Dalit Camera)
- Ms. Bhasha Singh (Senior Journalist, author of Unseen)
- Ms. Pragya Akhilesh (Senior Researcher, Minority Communities Rights)
- Mr. Kanthi Swaroop (Phd candidate at CPS, IIT Bombay)
- Ms. Jayna Kothari (Executive Director CLPR, Senior Advocate): Concluding Remarks
How to Register?
All the registered participants will be provided with reading material and e-certificates.
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.