About the Organisation
RGNUL’s Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) undertakes activities to promote advanced study and research in the emerging trends in Human Rights.
About the Webinar
Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) of the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) is organizing a one day International Webinar on ‘Debunking Rape Myths and Stereotypes: Safeguarding Human Rights’, scheduled on 30th of August, at 11.00 am.
The objective of the webinar is:
- To raise awareness on the issues rape myths and stereotypes surrounding adjudication.
- To identify educational and social strategies to address the issue.
- To collect, share and develop innovative responses and best practices for the elimination of such rape stereotypes in order to make the criminal justice system more victim-centred.
- To give recommendations and concrete proposals for action for the elimination of inadequacies and ambiguities in rape legislations.
All students, professionals, scholars, policy enthusiasts as well interested persons are encouraged to apply.
Details for the Webinar
- Date and Time of the event: 30th August 2020 at 11.00 AM.
- Digital Platform for the event: WebEx.
- There is no registration fee for the webinar.
- Participants shall be given e-certificates on the completion of the webinar.
How to Register?
Participants have to register themselves by filling this google form.
Theme of Webinar
The major theme of the event is “Debunking Rape Myths and Stereotypes: Safeguarding Human Rights”.
The webinar is divided into different sub-themes mentioned below:
- Revisiting Gender Neutrality in Rape Laws: Need for Reforms
- Societal Perception of Rape and Human Rights of Victim
- Victim-blaming in Indian Courts
- Myths and Stereotypes in Rape Prosecution
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Mohan Peiris (Former Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, Attorney General (Retd.))
- Professor (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, (Registrar, National Law University, Delhi)
- Advocate Seema Kushwaha, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
- Advocate Ashima Mandla, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
Schedule for the Webinar
- 11:00 AM-11:05 AM: Inaugural Address by Professor (Dr.) Naresh Kumar Vats
- 11:05 AM-11:25 AM: Advocate Ashima Mandla, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
- 11:25 AM-11:45 AM: Advocate Seema Kushwaha, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
- 11:45 AM-12:05 PM: Professor (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, (Registrar, National Law University, Delhi)
- 12:05 PM-12:25 PM: Hon’ble Mr. Justice Mohan Peiris
- 12:25 PM-12:55 PM: Question/Answer Round
- 12:55 PM-1:00 PM: Vote of Thanks/Valedictory
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Priya Agrawal: +91– 8146416788
Shristi Sharma: +91– 9717087422
Swantika Kumar Rajvanshi: +91– 7347394856
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.