About the Organizer
Shankarrao Chavan Law College was established in 2003 with the objective of nurturing future legal professionals and researchers with ideas and values required for playing a constructive role to create a better world.
The College is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Approved by Bar Council of India, recognized by Government of Maharashtra with an ISO Certification and accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC. And thus stands as one of the premier law colleges in India.
About the Competition
Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune (INDIA) under the Centre for Law, Public Policy & Governance organises “Hon’ble Late Shri Shankarrao Chavan National Legislative Drafting Competition, 2020”.
On the occasion of Birth Centenary year of Hon’ble Late Shri Shankarrao Chavan: Founder President of Marathwada Mitra Mandal, Pune; Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra & Former Home Minister of India.
Under Graduate Law Students pursuing 5 or 3 Year Law Courses (Academic Year 2020-21) are eligible to participate.
The Organizers invite a draft for ‘The Epidemic Diseases Bill’ which can be introduced in the Parliament.
Send the Draft of Bill (Microsoft office word file, Times New Roman style, Font Size 12, 1.5 line spacing) along with the title page of draft containing the following information:
- Name/s of Participant/s
- Year of studying in 2020-21
- Name of Institution
- Contact details of participant/s and Institution to [email protected]
Note: This information shall be on the title page only and nowhere in the draft.
- Maximum 2 participants (from the same institution) in one team.
- Draft of Maximum 2 (best) teams from each institution will be considered for final evaluation.
- No Need of Separate Registration, Sending the Draft along with above-mentioned information is considered as your registration.
- The title is general in nature and can be re-framed by participants.
- The length of the draft shall not exceed 25 pages.
- Participants may attach a separate file for Explanation (if they wish to submit) not exceeding 5 pages.
- Evaluation is based on Structure, Logic, addressing legal issues, concise and unambiguous writing style, and innovative ideas.
- All participants will get e-certificate of participation.
The registration for this competition is free.
- First: ₹7000/-
- Second: ₹5000/-
- Third: ₹3000/-
- Top 10 Drafts will be published and will be forwarded to appropriate authorities.
Last Date for Submission: 12th September 2020 (till 5 PM).
Declaration of Result will be in an Online Programme: 22nd September 2020 (11 AM): link will be conveyed later through email.
For any queries contact at [email protected].
For the official link of college, click here.
For the Brochure of the competition, click here.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.