About the MAP
M.A.P or Migration and Asylum Project is India’s only dedicated law center for refugee law and migration studies. They work closely with displaced communities in India, providing legal assistance and other activities towards expanding the legal protection space for this group.
It was established on February 20, 2013, under its parent Organisation, The Ara Trust. It is registered under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), 2010, and under Sections 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961. M.A.P is a women-led organization with all-woman management.
About the Fellowship
MAP is launching a new Fellowship Programme entitled the Catalyst for Change (CFC) Fellowship. This Fellowship is aimed at early-career lawyers who are interested in human rights issues, especially in the context of forced migration and displacement.
The Fellowship aims to provide recent law graduates a unique opportunity to leverage their legal training for better protection of rights of marginalized communities and to contribute towards broader advocacy and policymaking in the field.
About the Programme
- Opportunity to spend 12-18 months gaining both academic and field experience in the niche area of refugee law and forced migration
- Opportunity to work directly with migrant and refugee communities across India and to have the rare chance of using core human rights and international law principles to directly impact the lives of their clients.
- The Fellows will be trained to effectively leverage the law as a tool to protect the rights of displacement populations, contribute to ongoing advocacy and policymaking efforts, and undertake pathbreaking research and work in the field.
- Have exposure to the workings of MAP’s key partners and collaborators, which includes UN agencies, CSOs, state legal aid authorities, etc.,
Who Should Apply
Applicants who are
- Qualified lawyers, with 0-2 years of experience
- With good academic qualifications
- With a demonstrated commitment towards human rights and development issues
Terms of the Programme
- Start Date: January 1, 2021
- Location: New Delhi
- Duration: 12 months, extendable by a maximum of 6 months
- Monthly Stipend: INR 45,000 (subject to applicable TDS)
Applications for the 2021-22 Programme are now open.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- An updated curriculum vitae
- A cover letter
- Last date to apply: November 6, 2020
- Interviews: Between November 15 and November 30, 2020
- Final decision: By December 6, 2020
Note: Candidates are requested to check the FAQs on the website, before applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Address: Centre for Refugee Law & Forced Migration Studies B-41, First Floor, Soami Nagar, Main Road, New Delhi-110017, India
Contact Numbers: +91 11 41325408 / +91 9711128603
For more information about MAP’s Fellowship, click here.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.