The Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law [JICIL] is a law journal focussed towards contributing in the areas of intellectual property, competition, technology and data protection laws.
About the Competition
The Editorial Board proposes to organize the Data Protection Law Research Competition 2020 in furtherance of its goals to spread awareness on the forthcoming regime on data protection amongst the academic fraternity and enabling lawyers of tomorrow to make valuable academic contributions and specialize in technology and data law.
The competition is organized in association with the Cell for Law & Technology, NLIU Bhopal, BlockSuits and Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune.
Format of the Competition and Details of Both the Rounds
Round 1 is a written submission round, which involves the submission of research works, in the form of Short Articles, Position Papers or Research Papers, by authors analysing prominent aspects of Personal Data legislation or Non-Personal Data legislation. The research may either be based on analysis of a specific forthcoming legislation/report, including a comparative analysis of specific provisions or portions, be thematic or may analyse implications on a specific sector.
Round 2 is a virtual presentation round, where researchers are expected to present and defend their work before a panel of members experienced in technology and data privacy laws. The Board may choose to present conflicting ideas, approaches, the criteria for adjudication will be uploaded on the website.
Any undergraduate or postgraduate law student (i.e. in the 5-year or 3-year law programme or LL.M.) is eligible to participate in the competition.
A team may comprise of a maximum of 3 (three) participants. We encourage students pursuing management, commerce, technical or science courses from any institution to participate in the competition in order to ensure diverse perspectives are taken into account. However, at least 1 (one) student pursuing law must be a part of the team, to ensure that coverage of legal aspects is ensured.
Participants are expected to fill the Registration Form and pay the Registration Fee of Rs. 200 (Two Hundred Rupees only) per team through an online payment gateway (including wallets) to enrol for the competition.
They do not restrict registration of multiple teams from the same college or require any authorizations to be provided to us for the registration.
|Last date for Registration||October 5, 2020|
|Last date for receiving entries for Round 1||October 5, 2020|
|Selection of entries for Round 2||October 20, 2020|
|Presentations for Round 2||End of October 2020|
|Announcement of Results||November 2020|
- All participants will be granted a digital certificate of participation jointly issued by JICIL, the Cell for Law & Technology, NLIU Bhopal, Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune and BlockSuits.
- JICIL and Cell for Law & Technology, NLIU Bhopal may decide to jointly publish the articles selected for the second round in the form of a special publication.
- All teams which have registered for the competition and sent their entries for the competition, are eligible to receive a digital certificate of participation.
- The Winning Team would be entitled to receive a Certificate of Merit (Winners) in addition to a cash prize of Rs. 2,000/- (Two Thousand Rupees only), in addition to the following: (i) Eligibility to enrol in a course offered by Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune; and (ii) Collaborative paid project with the team at BlockSuits.
- The Runner-Up Team would be entitled to receive a Certificate of Merit (Runners-Up) in addition to cash prize of Rs. 1,000/- (One Thousand Rupees only).
You may contact the below-mentioned members in case of any queries or suggestions in relation to the competition: Ms. Nayanikaa Shukla, Convenor or Mr. Arvind Kumar, Co-Convenor.
Email ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.