ABOUT DAMODARAM SANJIVAYYA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY (DSNLU)
The Government of Andhra Pradesh established Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) vide DSNLU Act, 2008 at Visakhapatnam to impart quality legal education. It is recognised u/s 2(f) of UGC and the BCI. It has also been granted 12B status by the UGC. DSNLU’s mission is to design and deliver legal education, promote academic achievements and excellence in legal research. The University offers 5 years integrated B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) and 1 year LL.M. (Constitutional law, Criminal Law and Commercial Law). It also offers Doctoral and Post- Doctoral Degrees in Legal Studies.
DSNLU inaugurated the Legal Incubation Centre (LIC) in 2018 that aims at developing entrepreneurship and advocacy skills among young lawyers and students. It acts as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of professional skills required for budding lawyers and young students. The DSLIC regularly conducts programs like Crime Scene Investigation, Civil and Criminal Trial Advocacy.
Objectives of DSLIC are:-
- To encourage and support startups in the field of law with an interdisciplinary approach.
- To bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- To provide opportunities for experimental learning to students and young lawyers.
Legal Incubation Centre (LIC) is organizing a one day Online Workshop on “Law of Evidence – Challenges in Practice and procedure” on 10 th October 2020 at Cisco WebEx Platform.
Date: 10 th October 2020
Timings – 10:00 A.M To 05:00 P.M.
Objectives of the Program
Every practitioner irrespective of civil or criminal is expected to know the essentials to collect, organise and use evidence to the best of the interest of his client. The main aim of the practitioner is to protect the proposition of truth. The workshop aims at providing a platform to imbibe core skills to use the Law of Evidence to prove factual analysis as well as to highlight various approaches to the opening and closing arguments, development of case theory and manage paperwork associated with any case.
THEMES AND GUEST SPEAKERS
1. FUNDAMENTAL IMPORTANCE OF EVIDENCE IN A TRIAL: AN OVERVIEW – Hon’ble Mr. Justice DVSS Somayajulu, High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
2. APPRECIATION OF EVIDENCE IN CIVIL MATTERS- Hon’ble Mr. Justice N. Kumar (Retd.), High Court of Karnataka.
3. APPRECIATION OF EVIDENCE BY TRIAL COURTS: AN OVERVIEW OF LEGAL AND PRACTICAL ISSUES – Hon’ble Mr.Shri Avadhanam Hari Haranadha Sarma, Principal District Judge, Visakhapatnam, A.P.
4. ADVOCACY SKILLS IN ADDUCING EVIDENCE: PERSPECTIVES OF THE PROSECUTION – Shri K. Srinivasa Reddy State Public Prosecutor, High Court of A.P.
5. “EVIDENCE”, “PROOF” AND INTERPLAY BETWEEN THEM IN CIVIL PROCEEDINGS- Shri Anup Koushik Karavadi, Advocate, Karavadi & Associates, A.P. &; Telangana.
PARTICIPATION &; REGISTRATION
Students, Academicians, Practitioners and Professionals can participate in the workshop. Registration can be made online by filling the following Google Form. E-Certificates will be provided for all participants.
NO REGISTRATION FEE.
REGISTRATION LINK: Click here
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.