About Law Addicts
Law Addicts is a student lead organization driven by its motto, Addiction yielding Knowledge that aims to promote law among individuals who have an infinite passion for legal knowledge.
About the Competition
To get a step closer in achieving this objective, Law Addicts is now proud to launch its 1st Edition of National Virtual Level Negotiation Competition with an aim to promote student involvement in Social issues by providing a fair and competitive environment for exchange of thoughts.
- All students pursuing 3 year or 5-year L.L.B. course or an L.L.M. course from a recognized Law School, University or Institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Team Members should belong to same Law School, University or Institution in India
- Teams are required to complete the registration on or before October 28th,2020.
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 700/- per team. The registration fee payable for the Competition must be paid latest by 28th October, 2020 to:
Account Name: J.S. Shreedhar
Account Number: 36746793528
IFSC Number: SBIN0015264
Google Pay Number: 9790696219
- The payment reference number and date of payment has to be inserted in the registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- The Registration shall be done by filling up the form available by clicking here and by following the ‘Rules of Registration’ mentioned in the Rule Book.
- The competition shall be in the format of a negotiation competition wherein each team shall consist of a minimum 2 persons.
- One member of the team will be designated as “Client”, and other person as the “Counsel”.Further, it shall be mandatory for each participant to play the roles of both Client and Counsel in the Preliminary rounds, i.e. if a participant plays the role of a Client in the first preliminary round, she/he would be required to participate as a counsel in the second preliminary round and vice-versa for her/his team partner.
The draw of lots will be conducted on 29th October 2020. The sides, round timings shall be sent via mail before 29th October 2020.
The Competition shall consist of the following rounds:
- The Preliminary Round (30th October 2020)
- The Quarter-Final Round (31st October 2020)
- The Semi-Final Round (31st October 2020)
- The Final Round (1st November 2020)
The Structure, Dates, Timings, Format and Rules for each round has been provided in the Rule Book (Brochure).
- The Confidential Information shall be given to the participants 30 minutes prior to the rounds.
- Teams, assessors and members of the OC and anyone else who is privy to the Confidential Information shall not disclose it to others. Confidential Information will remain in the custody of the tournament organizers and distributed during the preparation time by designated representatives.
- The prep time between both the members of the negotiating team will be offline. You may use any mode of communication to communicate with your teammate during the preparation time. Use of the internet is allowed during the preparation time.
- Best Negotiating Team (Winner) – Rs. 2000/- along with Certificate of Merit.
- Second Best Negotiating Team – Rs. 1000/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Client (From Preliminary Rounds) – Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Counsel (From Preliminary Rounds) – Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Awardees shall be granted complete exemption in a training course worth Rs.3000/- and shall be accredited as Accredited Negotiator of KFCRI (AcN – KFCRI)
- E-Certificate of participation will be provided to all participating teams and E-Certificates for advanced rounds will be provided to qualifying teams.
Ms. Srinithi.R. (President, Law Addicts): +91 9790858036
E-mail ID: [email protected]
For the brochure of the 1st National Virtual Level Negotiation Competition by Law Addicts, click here.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.