About the Organisation
The “L” Word is an open-access blog which gives a platform to the young budding minds of the legal fraternity to share their beautiful and creative legal thoughts and thereby giving them the opportunity to broadcast their ability and skill in legal writing.
About the Competition
Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is one of the most indispensable parts of the Indian Legal System. The National PIL drafting competition aims at giving the budding mind of the legal fraternity an opportunity to understand the practical dynamics of PIL.
The objective of the Competition is to improve and deepen the level analytical and critical thinking by involving the participants in some real-life practical problems. The participants would be required to draft one PIL memorial on any one of the given propositions.
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Individual participation or participation in a team of two is allowed.
- In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are also allowed.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
How to Register?
- There shall be a nominal non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 150/- for Single participant and Rs. 200/- for the team of two.
- The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner hereinafter provided.
- The payment screenshot must be attached within the registration form.
- After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
- Payment has to be made by scanning the QR Code within the registration form with any UPI App (Paytm/Phonepe/Google pay etc.)
- If you are facing any problem in making the payment, kindly email at [email protected],they could suggest some other methods for your convenience.
|1||Registration Opens||August 3, 2020|
|2||Last Date to Register||August 23, 2020|
|3||Last date for the submission of Draft PILs||September 3, 2020|
|4||Declaration of Results||September 12, 2020|
- First Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 3000/- + Certificate of excellence + Gold Medal + Internship Opportunity (Six-month editorship may be offered in case of exceptional writing skills)
- Second Position: Cash Prize: Rs 1500/- +Certificate of Excellence + Silver Medal + Internship Opportunity (Six-month editorship may be offered in case of exceptional writing skills)
- Third Position: Cash Prize: Rs 500/- + Certificate of Merit + Bronze Medal + Internship Opportunity
- Position 4-13: E-Certificate of Merit + E-Certificate of Participation
- All other participants would be entitled to receive E- participation certificates (E-certificate of appreciation CAN also be awarded in case of remarkable works)
Note: In case of team participation, the co-author to the winning entry, if any, shall share the prize with the first author.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.