About the Institution
The University of Lucknow or Lucknow University is a public state university based in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Founded in 1867, the University of Lucknow is one of the oldest government-owned institutions of higher education in India.
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been pioneer legal institution of India. The Law Faculty was separated from the main Campus and shifted to the new Campus on the Sitapur Road, Lucknow from 2002-03.
About the Competition
Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organising its 1st Dr. R.U. Singh Memorial National Online Judgement Writing Competition.
The objective of this Competition is for the students to approach a factual matrix from the point of view of a judge, apply the law and render a judgment. The student shall be expected to think like a judge and reach a well-reasoned conclusion.
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. & LL.M. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- Individual participation, as well as participation in a team of two i.e. co-authorship, is allowed.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The participants shall be provided with a factual matrix and would be required to write a judgment based on the same.
- The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions are not allowed.
The participants securing the first three positions i.e. First, Second and Third shall be felicitated with the certificate of appreciation.
Certificate of participation for all participants.
Submission & Registration Guidelines
- For Registration and Submission: CLICK HERE
- The soft copy of Judgement should be attached with the Goggle form.
- The last date of submission and registration is 10th August, 2020 till 11:59 pm
- Result announcement 17th August, 2020.
- There is no registration fee.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.