About the Essay Writing Competition
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies is organizing the 6th CIPR National Level Essay Competition. The Centre seeks essays on the theme: “Innovate for a Green Future: Role of IP Rights in Encouraging Innovation and Creativity.”
The competition is open to LL.B. and LLM students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to cipr[at]nuals.ac.in.
- The essay should be in English, not exceeding 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The essay should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per submission.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, E-mail ID, Contact number, and the name of the College/University along with the address and class of the Participant. In the case of co-authorship, the cover letter should include details of both the authors.
- No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
- A duly filled Declaration Form (available here) must accompany the essay.
- In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of the Panel and CIPR shall be final and conclusive.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of the citation 20th edition.
- The Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
The last date for the submission of the essay is 11:59 pm, 4th October 2020.
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.