Centre for Intellectual Property Studies, National Law University, Jodhpur was established in 2018 with an aim to promote research and studies in the field of Intellectual Property Rights. The Centre also monitors, designs and disseminates various courses and programmes pertaining to training and research in Intellectual Property Rights.
About the Competition
The Centre for Intellectual Property Studies [“CIPS”], National Law University, Jodhpur [“NLUJ”] is pleased to announce the CIPS Essay Writing Competition, 2020. The theme of the competition is: ‘Copyright Societies and Performers’ Societies in India’.
Copyright Societies and Performers’ Societies play a very significant role towards the collection and distribution of revenue from authorized utilization of works and performances. There are many significant issues concerning the working of these institutions.
CIPS invites original, genuine and unpublished contributions from students pursuing 3-year LL.B. programme/5-year integrated LL.B. programme or LL.M. programme in any recognized university in India.
The essay topic shall be based on the theme ‘Copyright Societies and Performers’ Rights Societies in India’. Any pertinent research question related to the theme may be chosen by the author to provide a succinctly worded relevant work (1500 words, excluding footnotes).
- Last Date of Registration: 20th September 2020 (by 11:59 PM)
- Last Date of Submission of Manuscripts: 27th September 2020 (by 11:59 PM)
- Declaration of Results: 10th October 2020
- The first, second and third prizes are worth ₹5000/-, ₹3000/- and ₹2000/- respectively.
- Top 6 submissions including the prize-winning essays will be awarded e-certificates of Merit. Their entries will also be published on The NLUJ Centre for Intellectual Property Studies Blog to be launched soon.
- All Entries will be awarded e-certificates of participation.
The students shall register by paying a fee of Rs. 500 here at ‘Payment Other than Semester Fee’ specifying the purpose of payment as ‘CIPS Essay Competition’ latest by September 20th, 2020.
The payment receipt shall be emailed at [email protected] The subject of the e-mail shall be ‘Registration Receipt: Essay Competition’.
How to Submit?
Submission of essays shall be made in soft copies to [email protected] The subject of the mail should be ‘Submission: Essay Writing Competition 2020’.
The submissions shall be accompanied by a document containing the biographical information of the author, including the following:
- Name of the participant
- Year and course (UG/PG)
- Name of the University
- Contact details (Phone Number and Email Id)
The name of the participant or any other information that reveals his/her identity should not be mentioned anywhere in the main submission.
The title of the submission shall be the name of the document submitted as the entry.
Program Coordinator: Mr. Rohan Cherian Thomas: Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Executive Director, CIPS
Any queries may be directed to [email protected] or the following:
- Harshita Jaiman: Convenor, CIPS: +91-9829463431
- Janhavi Somvanshi: Member, CIPS: +91-8874911952
- Kirti Harit: Member, CIPS: +91-7060804553
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.