About the Opportunity
SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law is conducting an Essay Writing Competition under its Constitutional Law and Policy Reform Society.
About the Organizer
The SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law (PGCL) was established in the year 2004 and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. the institution aims at giving students exposure to experiential learning in the varied fields of law and in this regard we have conducted various workshops and seminars.
Write an essay on any one of these 5 topics:
- The Pandemic, Labour Bills and Labour Rights
- 10th Schedule of the Indian Constitution – An Analytical Study
- The era of AI vis-à-vis Data Protection Laws in India
- Should Wildlife be included under the ambit of Article 21 of the Indian Constitution?
- Increasing Racism Against North Indians in light of the Pandemic: Need for Anti-Racism Laws in India
Who is it for?
Open to all
Guidelines for Submission
- Authors can choose any ONE topic from the topics given above.
- Co-authorship of up to 2 authors is permitted.
- The Essay submitted should at least be 1200 words.
- The upper limit is 2000 words.
- E-Mail ID for submission: pgcl.clprs[at]gmail.com
- Authors have to submit their essay before 10th January 2021.
- The email must have the Subject as: ‘ESSAY COMPETITION 2020
- Submission – ‘Name of your essay’.
- Authors must mention their current qualifications. Student Authors must mention the name of the college they are currently studying in. They should also mention their current academic year.
- Authors other than students i.e. professionals must mention their current position and place of work.
- Authors must mention their full name in the email.
- The email must have attached the (1) Word File of the Essay, (2) Pdf of the Essay.
- Name of the file: Title of the Essay.
- Font Type: Times New Roman.
- Headings, Sub Headings: Font Size 14, Bold, Underlined.
- Content: Font Size 12, Normal.
- Alignment: Justified.
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margins: Normal.
- Style of citation: Endnotes; Indian Law Institute (ILI).
- Endnotes: Font Size 10; Line Spacing 1.
Fee Details (If Any)
- Registration fees: Rs. 200
- Payment via Paytm: +91 9765421775
Prizes (If Any)
- Cash Prize for one Best Essay: ₹2000
- Publication of the Best Essays in Each Topic on CLPRS Blog & Participation Certificate for all
- Last Date of Registration: 5th January 2021
- Last Date of Submission: 10th January 2021
- Declaration of Results: 30th January 2021
- Aashi Shah: +91 8169846385
- Aashni Shah: +91 7021457346
- E-mail: pgcl.clprs[at]gmail.com