About the Opportunity
A national-level debate competition is being organized by the Government Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara as part of the network of The Millenium Laedan (Under The Millenium Fellowship) for the class of 2020.
About The Millennium Laedan
The Millennium Laedan works under the Millennium Fellowship presented by the United Nations Academic Impact and MCN.
The fellowship is intended to attain sustainable development goals. They focus on SDG5 – Gender equality, SDG10 – Reduced inequalities and SDG11 – Sustainable cities and communities. The Millennium Laedan was formed with a vision to bring about a positive change in society.
For the debate competition, the following are the eligibility criteria for participation:
- Students currently enrolled in any educational institution
- Age group: 18-22 years
Please Note: Both the team members needn’t belong to the same University/Institute/College.
- Language: The language for the debate competition shall be English only.
- Team Size: The team size of the event is two.
- Rounds: There will be 3 rounds, and the first round will be written.
- First Round: Each team member must upload their take on the topic with an article of about 200 words for the first round.
The eligibility to the second round is based on the combined individual score of the team members on their take on the topic
- Plagiarism: Any kind of plagiarised work will not be entertained.
- Second Round: The second round will be an Oxford-style debate where the teams will be grouped of sizes 4-8.
One or two teams, depending on the judge’s discretion, go to the final round.
- Total Time: The total time allotted for the first round per team will be two minutes. There will be a Rebuttal.
- Participation Rules: The participants are required to keep themselves ready to log in, at least 15 minutes before the event, to maintain punctuality in conducting the program.
All necessary precautions have to be taken by the participants to ensure the smooth conduct of the event from their side.
- Use of Webcam/Face Camera (a device used by participants) while speaking is mandatory.
- Reading from any written document is prohibited. If it is observed by the Judges/organizer, the teams will be disqualified.
- Usage of any abusive language shall implicate immediate disqualification of candidature.
- The topics under a specific category will be given 15 min before.
- For each category:
- Best Team Award: Rs. 3000/- along with an e-certificate of merit.
- Runners-Up Team Award: E-certificate of merit.
- Best Speaker Award: E-certificate of merit.
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
- Last date of Registration: 2 December 2020 [The teams will be required to submit their take on Category while registering]
- Second Round starts: 6 December 2020
e-Mail ID: For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- +91 8547140475
- +91 95628 86671
Click here for the official website.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.