Amity Law School, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh (India) in partnership with the School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University (Western Australia) is delighted to host an International Conference on the broad theme of Comparative Law on February 19-20, 2021 at the Noida, Uttar Pradesh campus of Amity University.
The conference will take place over two days. It will open with an inaugural session hosting keynote addresses by eminent speakers from India and Australia, to be followed by the notified technical sessions. The second day shall commence with the presentation of research papers in the respective panels, as ascertained by the organizing committee on the basis of the designated sub-themes and papers finalized for presentation. The jury will select the best paper from each session for special recognition in the valedictory ceremony that will conclude the finale day.
Most notable in this regard is that considering the present COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent unforeseeable circumstances, the conference may be organized in the offline and/or online mode, depending strictly on the government advisory issued at that point in time. Information regarding this aspect shall gradually be communicated.
The author may make a choice from either of the following sub-themes which are non-exhaustive:
- COVID-19 and the Ensuing Challenges to Democracy, Human Rights, Business, Technology, etc.
- The Scope of Freedom of Expression
- Media and Law: The Interface
- Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion
- Health and Reproductive Rights of Women
- Gender Neutrality vis-a-vis Sexual Offences
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and LGBTQIA Rights
- Environmental Democracy
- Minimum age of Criminal Responsibility: The Debate and Way Forward
- Right to Privacy in the Digital Age
- Personal Laws in Evolving Times
- Global Work Practices and Need for Affirmative Policies with Special Reference to Paternity Leave, Menstrual Leave, Stipulated Days/Hours of Work, etc.
- Each applicant must submit a 500 word abstract providing an overview of the proposed paper by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 01, 2020. The applicant must duly fill the mandatory google form along-with his entry, the link given here.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to consider either India or Australia in the comparative framework.
- The organizing committee will notify each applicant of whether his or her abstract has been accepted by December 10, 2020. Decisions of the organizing committee to accept papers for presentation at the conference shall be final.
- On selection of the abstract, the author(s) must pay the required fees no later than December 20, 2020. The link for the payment portal shall be sent to the authors whose abstract would be selected along-with the acceptance mail.
- Applicants selected by the organizing committee to participate in the conference must submit their complete paper by the deadline of January 25, 2021.
- Each paper must be between 7,500 and 10,000 words and include headings and properly formatted footnote citations (end notes are not permissible) and to be mailed at email@example.com. Papers must be in MS Word format with Times New Roman font on an A4 size paper and 1” margin on all sides, font size 12 and line spacing of1.5.ILI Rules of Footnoting (Indian contributors)/Any other suitable mode of Footnoting used as a norm in the research community of a country (Foreign Nationals), may be followed. [They would be standardized at the time of selection for publication].
- Anyone interested in hearing the deliberations are invited to merely participate in the conference on payment of a minimal fee herein-below stipulated. Participants must attend the conference on both days to receive a participation certificate, which will be presented only at the conclusion of the conference.
- To reiterate, the conference may be in online or offline mode, strictly in accordance with the prevalent government norms. The mode of conference shall be intimated to each participant timely.
- If the conference is organized in the physical mode, accommodation, ordinarily, would not be provided by the organizers considering the pandemic situation however, on a special request made by the participant/presenter; the requisite arrangement may be made in accordance with his/her desire on payment of the appropriate fee. There is no provision for TA.
- All abstracts shall be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will be published in an edited book (with ISBN) following the conference.
|No. of Author(s)||Indian National||Australian National||Other Foreign National|
|Single Author||Rs. 1,000||20 AU$||15 US$|
|Single Author with Co-Author||Rs. 1,500||30 AU$||20 US$|
Registration Fee [For Participation]
|Participant||Participation Fee Payable|
|Indian National||Rs. 400/-|
|Australian National||8 AU$|
|Other Foreign National||5 US$|
Each successful applicant must pay the conference registration fee. Only one co-author is permitted. The registration fee is non-refundable. It will cover the cost for a folder kit, lunch and high tea on both days of the conference.
|Abstract submission deadline||December 01, 2020|
|Applicants notified of outcome||December 10, 2020|
|Registration fee deadline||December 20, 2020|
|Paper submission deadline||January 25, 2021|
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.