Course Name: International Commercial Arbitration
Course Duration: 16 Hours (two weeks)
Course Fee: Rs. 2000/- per person
Course Starts: 17th January 2022
Early Bird Discount – Rs. 1500/- Enroll before 13th January 2022
Contact Details: 7978427261
Certificates will be provided to all.
The world economy is majorly dominated by the transnational trade and business. In almost all cases, parties enter into contract by agreeing on mutual terms containing a dispute resolution clause. The most preferred mode of amicable dispute settlement is arbitration. In addition, trade is no limited to any one nation rather has expanded due to technological advancement beyond boundaries. Therefore, international commercial arbitration has become the primary form of dispute resolution in international business. This course will, thus, cater to the growing need of arbitration and will concentrate on the issues of contractual disputes been resolved by international commercial arbitration.
The course will deal in: the nature of international commercial arbitration and its benefits in international trade and business, distinction between domestic and international arbitration, jurisdiction issues relating to international arbitration, the choice of law, review of arbitration and enforcement mechanism. The basic legislation that will be covered are the UNCITRAL Model Law, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, and the New York Convention 1958.
The idea is to familiar students with typical issues dealing with international commercial arbitration. This will help students gain knowledge on legal mechanism of international commercial arbitration in national and transnational aspects and get practical skills. The ability to exercise and appreciate the teamwork and communication skills in the context of advice and arbitrations. The ability to appreciate the changing bases of the law and to respond to the demand for change in law and legal procedure
The following are the learning outcomes:
- The ability to advise in relation to international commercial arbitration its merits and demerits.
- The ability to understand issues such as: procedure (lex arbitri), jurisdiction, choice of law, enforcement and the review of arbitral awards.
- The acquirement of knowledge of regulatory framework of arbitration in India relating to international commercial arbitration.
- The students will acquire skills on usage of specific terms, solve cases and build up proposition on arbitration.
- The course will also help students acquire necessary skills to prepare for participation in moot court competitions.
- Day 1: Introduction to International Commercial Arbitration
- Day 2: Arbitration Agreement and Party Autonomy
- Day 3: Jurisdiction of Arbitral Tribunal
- Day 4: Applicable Law
- Day 1: Applicable Process
- Day 2: Challenge to Arbitral Awards
- Day 3: Enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Day 4: Regulatory Framework
MCIArb (London) AAIADR (Malaysia)
Assistant Professor of Law
Founder of Mmerak and Lawmentoring
Former Civil Judge (OJS)
Recipient of Under 35 Elite Award for Law
Advocate Supreme Court of India and empanelled Arbitrator
Shubham W. Ganju
Advocate Supreme Court of India and Arbitration Lawyer