About Greener Things
Greener Things: an initiative to develop a greener perspective to look at all kinds of things, a term broad enough to include each and every activity of every nation ranging from government actions to individual activities.
It is an initiative started by a group of students of Gujarat National Law University. This is independent of any sort of institutional attachments and wishes to develop an unbiased, independent and strong environmental perspective!
About the Blog
The Greener Things Blog is one of the many initiatives of the organisation through which it tries to develop an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental protection thereby creating awareness among people from all backgrounds, as we believe that protecting our mother earth is our collective duty. Interaction between public policy and sociology along with environmental policies is the special feature of their blog.
As stated above, the broad theme of their blog is an interdisciplinary environmental protection approach, however, some of the suggestive sub-themes are:
- International politics and environmental protection
- Human Psychology and environment degradation
- Religious beliefs and historical approach to environmental protection
- Economics of environment protection
- All topics related to SDGs and MDGs
- Social inclusion and environmental safety
Note: This list is just suggestive and not exhaustive.
Greener Things follow a peer review process for the admission of the blogs, where the process is done by their internal editorial board. The identity of the editors is not disclosed to prevent any sort of bias. The acceptance of the blog will be communicated speedily enough within one week of submission.
How to Submit?
- Strict adherence to these guidelines by the author is desirous.
- The language of the Blog shall be English.
- The length of essays can be 750-1000 words.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of 2 authors is allowed.
- While the blog doesn’t propose any specific topic, the subject of the blog is broadly anything related to the environment. However, an inter-disciplinary approach to environmental issues would be favorably looked upon.
- Plagiarism would not be tolerated, with a minimum level of 15% being permissible.
- No citations or endnotes or bibliography or references. All relevant citations should be hyperlinked to the text.
- There should be a clear division between Introduction, Body and Conclusion in the blog.
- It would be upon the discretion of the editorial team at Greener Things to accept any submitted blog.
- All blogs to be submitted to [email protected]. The blog should be submitted in a .doc format along with a short bio of the authors.
- The copyright of the blogs shall be vested with the authors and only non-exclusive assignable copyright shall be assigned to Greener Things.
- This means that the author can resubmit the blog at any other place after its publication at the Greener Things Blog, however with a grace citation or reference to the Greener Things Blog. Submission of essays to this blog shall be deemed to be the assignment of the copyright by the author in the aforementioned manner.
- All blogs that are published would be publicized on their LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram handle and if an author does not wish the same should be indicated in the mail for submission of blogs.
- Font: Garamond
- Size: Headings(14), Body(12)
- Justified text
- Headings in bold
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Please do pay attention to their copyright policy for the blog.
Important Dates and Deadlines
They have rolling submissions with a temporary submission deadline of 30th September 2020.
Gmail ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.